The mining, petrochemical, power and heavy industry sectors are by their nature, high-risk operating environments, and require ongoing and up to date compliance with stringent Federal and State Government standards, acts and legislation’s.
Founded in 2008 by Austin McWilliams, SafeCheck provides comprehensive statutory compliance services to mitigate these risks. Our services cover high-risk systems and activities, including electrical, fire and lifting inspections.
SafeCheck’s experienced Inspectors are qualified in all aspects of compliance eliminating the need to engage multiple suppliers for the same service, saving mobilisation costs.
Inspect and test portable electrical appliances, voltage reduction devices, emergency lighting, RCD’s and microwave radiation and leakage testing.
Design, inspect, service and install Aqueous Film Forming Foam systems in vehicles.
Inspect and test fire hose reels, fire panels, fire hoses, fire extinguishers and fire blankets.
LIFTING & WORKING AT HEIGHTS
Visual onsite inspection of all lighting and rigging gear.
Safety & Sustainability
Our WHSEQ Management System integrates International and Australian standards, legislative and regulatory requirements and is supported by a centralised Data Management System that can be accessed by all staff across the business.
This system manages our documentation including acts, regulations, standards, policies, procedures, safe work instructions and forms, as well as maintaining records for training, plant and equipment, and incident management.
Our integrated Business Management System Manual has been developed to provide the guiding principles, objectives and processes of the WHSEQ Management System.
Our commitment to workplace health and safety, quality and environmental management is underpinned by our integrated WHSEQ Plan.
SafeCheck’s integrated WHSEQ management objectives are to establish, implement and continually improve the integrated management system to:
- Meet and enhance customer requirements
- Meet regulatory requirements and identified internal standards, national and international standards, codes of practice and stakeholder requirements
- Identify, isolate and eliminate or minimise quality, environmental, health and safety risks
- Ensure compliance to quality, safety, and environment policies and procedures
- To set out procedures and work instructions for all activities, processes and services
- To establish a system for maintaining progress against targets and the corrective action to be taken in the event of non-conformances
- To provide a basis against which processes can be formally audited, assessed and any proposed changes and non conformance improvements reviewed
- To provide a means to determine sequence and interaction of processes
- To monitor measure and analyse the effectiveness of processes
- To determine criteria and methods needed to ensure operation and control of processes are effective
- Demonstrate compliance to industry standards and codes of practice
- Identify and implement best practice
SafeCheck was founded by Austin in 2008, and his vision is to grow SafeCheck to become a leader within the industrial safety sector. He oversees all of the operations within the company.
Austin has completed major infrastructure projects for mining companies across various remote locations around Australia.
Kate is committed to fostering a diverse workplace within the mining industry and has managed SafeCheck since 2008.
Kate graduated with a Bachelor of Marketing in 2001, and her previous experience includes positions with the NT Government, Rio Tinto and Nokia Research and Development in San Diego.
Brad Nicklin commenced work for SafeCheck in 2011 as an Inspection Technician. He has extensive knowledge of statutory inspections in the electrical, working at heights, and fire protection fields. Brad has supervised the testing of many sites across WA successfully with zero incidents. Brad is a member of the Working at Heights Association and Fire Protection Authority.
Ethan joined the SafeCheck team in 2016 as a Supervisor. He brings with him a background in construction and engineering, and his commitment to safety in all that he does makes him a highly regarded pivotal part of our team.
Kira Dale commenced work with SafeCheck in 2010 as an Inspection Technician.
She has a passion for safety and has led the internal auditing team and a number of site safety initiatives during her time at SafeCheck. In 2018 she took on the responsibility of Operations Manager.